Since detox deals only with the physical dependency on alcohol or drugs, all our detox options are available with integrative Aftercare programs.
Multiple Aftercare options are available, and encompass both:
(i) Programs addressing the precedents of addiction, e.g. social factors, psychological aspects, and the often complex behavioural and emotional issues which present alongside addiction
(ii) Additional treatment options for the ongoing prevention of relapse
The types of support we offer are outlined below. In all cases, your Aftercare package will be customised to your unique circumstances and requirements.
What is Aftercare?
– CBT – The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy program helps nurture acceptance of past events and traumas as they contribute to current day stressors and behavioural patterns, including addiction. Multiple paradigms are introduced, including the 5-factor model, core self-esteem and belief issues, and emotional exploration, helping identify the triggers leading to addictive behaviour.
– Alternative Therapies – A hand-selected range of alternative therapies are available as part of your program, including massage, reflexology, reiki, and meditation; all help relax body and mind, and foster increased self-awareness and mindfulness about addictive behaviours, as they are expressed in your life.
– Mutual Aid Programs – Supported integration into mutual aid rehab support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. Integration into AA meetings held locally, as well as attendance at closed AA meetings, held weekly.
– Weekly Aftercare Meetings – An opportunity for former clients to attend and share fellowship and support with other graduates in their recovery journey. Those opting for Aftercare from the outset will experience a managed integration into these groups, even during detox treatment itself, to help establish support networks as early as possible in your recovery journey.
Each of the above Aftercare elements can be delivered in the following ways:
Aftercare, Your Way
Patients can travel directly from drug detox treatment to one of our drug rehabs in the UK to proceed with their selected treatment from the in-house specialists. Or, in many cases, our specialist detox treatments allow early engagement in the therapeutic process even before physical detox from substance abuse is complete.
Graduates of Detox Plus programs are eligible to attend clinic based sessions on a day-patient basis.
– Addiction keywork sessions
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
– Rational Emotive Behavioural therapy
– Patient recovery forums
– Mutual aid meetings etc
– And additional therapeutic approaches, attending aftercare on an outpatient basis allows you to share in the full therapeutic value of a residential rehab program while returning to the comfort of home afterwards. Also suitable for those returning to work, or with childcare and other life commitments to accommodate.
To get started with Detox or Aftercare, call us today on 0207 2052734
Whilst location is an important factor for all of us, please understand, that recovery from addiction is a journey, and a commitment and the initial foundations should not be compromised.
This means seeking advice to find the best rehab centre and therapeutic program that fits you (or your loved one) personally.
Clearly, it’s vital that you find a rehab clinic that offers the right treatments for you. Don’t worry, you can call the Detox Plus UK hotline today, and our advisors will talk you through the different options. This allows you to figure out what treatments will benefit you the most so you can find rehab centres that suit your needs.
When we talk about going to rehab, this assumes that you’re willing to pack your bags and move into a rehab centre. This is known as residential rehab, and it basically means that you live in an environment that’s closed off from the outside world.
It’s been proven that this benefits patients as it restricts you from coming into contact with things or people that trigger your addiction. As a result, it allows the people there to carry out detox treatment without worrying about relapses.
We strongly advise that you give us a call if you’re having trouble figuring out which option is best for you. We’ll talk to you on the phone to help come up with a treatment plan that benefits you the most. As a result, you’ll soon know the best course of action to kick your addiction.
We offer locations for rehab centres nationwide, call our team on 02072052734 or view our locations for Rehab centres
Contact your own GP and accurately & honestly explain to him or her your addiction problems and express your desire for help and treatment. Your GP should activate your local ADAT Addictions team who will offer you whatever NHS/Social and treatment routes are available. You should also attend AA or NA recovery groups for support and guidance.
Residential stays vary from between 7-28 days depending on the specifics of your circumstances and historical usage. e.g. An average alcohol detox may last 7 days, with a further 2-3 weeks in the therapeutic program to resolve the psycho-social and behavioural aspects of addiction. As above, most experience the best outcomes and lasting long term sobriety following a minimum 28-day residential stay
Medication can include replacement drugs such as lorazepam or phenobarbital, which are administered in tapering doses to help with alcohol withdrawals. Drugs such as Naltrexone, Disulfiram or Acamprosate can help prevent a return to alcohol use.