Since detox deals only with the physical dependency on alcohol or drugs, all our detox options are available with integrative Aftercare programs.
Multiple Aftercare options are available, and encompass both:
(i) Programs addressing the precedents of addiction, e.g. social factors, psychological aspects, and the often complex behavioural and emotional issues which present alongside addiction
(ii) Additional treatment options for the ongoing prevention of relapse
The types of support we offer are outlined below. In all cases, your Aftercare package will be customised to your unique circumstances and requirements.
What is Aftercare?
– CBT – The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy program helps nurture acceptance of past events and traumas as they contribute to current day stressors and behavioural patterns, including addiction. Multiple paradigms are introduced, including the 5-factor model, core self-esteem and belief issues, and emotional exploration, helping identify the triggers leading to addictive behaviour.
– Alternative Therapies – A hand-selected range of alternative therapies are available as part of your program, including massage, reflexology, reiki, and meditation; all help relax body and mind, and foster increased self-awareness and mindfulness about addictive behaviours, as they are expressed in your life.
– Mutual Aid Programs – Supported integration into mutual aid rehab support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. Integration into AA meetings held locally, as well as attendance at closed AA meetings, held weekly.
– Weekly Aftercare Meetings – An opportunity for former clients to attend and share fellowship and support with other graduates in their recovery journey. Those opting for Aftercare from the outset will experience a managed integration into these groups, even during detox treatment itself, to help establish support networks as early as possible in your recovery journey.
Each of the above Aftercare elements can be delivered in the following ways:
Aftercare, Your Way
Patients can travel directly from drug detox treatment to one of our drug rehabs in the UK to proceed with their selected treatment from the in-house specialists. Or, in many cases, our specialist detox treatments allow early engagement in the therapeutic process even before physical detox from substance abuse is complete.
Graduates of Detox Plus programs are eligible to attend clinic based sessions on a day-patient basis.
– Addiction keywork sessions
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
– Rational Emotive Behavioural therapy
– Patient recovery forums
– Mutual aid meetings etc
– And additional therapeutic approaches, attending aftercare on an outpatient basis allows you to share in the full therapeutic value of a residential rehab program while returning to the comfort of home afterwards. Also suitable for those returning to work, or with childcare and other life commitments to accommodate.
To get started with Detox or Aftercare, call us today on 0207 2052734