IV Nutritional Detox
– Faster, more comfortable detox from alcohol or drug addiction
– Reduced potential for relapse, when combined with a full rehabilitation program
– Significantly reduced withdrawal symptoms & cravings
– Dramatically clearer thinking to complete the full addiction rehabilitation program
What Is IV Nutritional Detox?
– Alcohol or drug addiction creates an imbalance in nerve function in the brain, where greater and greater amounts of the substance are required to generate the same feelings of happiness or contentment.
– When the substance is removed, the brain experiences a deficit in neurotransmitters – the body’s messenger chemicals – and triggers the acute cravings associated with substance withdrawal.
– IV Nutritional Detox is provided at Detox Plus clinics and uses an original formulation of Amino Acids, vitamins, co-enzymes, and minerals, administered intravenously, to replenish and restore brain function and neurotransmitter levels.
– The result is dramatically reduced cravings and withdrawal symptoms, more comfortable substance detoxification, and greater ability to engage with the remainder of the full rehabilitation program.
IV Nutritional Detox As The First Step In Recovery...
IV Nutritional Detox is an award-winning addiction detox treatment, using a combination of Amino Acids, cofactor enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants to:
– Neutralise brain and body toxins involved in (e.g.) alcohol abuse
– Restore brain function and balance
– Minimise withdrawal symptoms and cravings
– Reduce potential for relapse, in conjunction with a full rehabilitation program
– Support the brain and nervous system, allowing complete and lucid engagement in the full recovery process
IV Nutritional Detox can be used as a method of detox from multiple types of substance abuse, including alcohol and drugs.
Clients typically report:
• Renewed clarity and focus
• Faster healing
• Significantly more awareness of the behaviours leading to substance use (when part of a full rehabilitation program); and
• Greater success in long-term recovery
How Is IV Nutritional Detox Administered?
IV Nutritional Detox is the first step of addiction recovery as part of a full rehab program.
Following admission and a full examination by a doctor, the IV solution is usually administered intravenously for 5-7 days, lasting 5-8 hrs each day.
In some cases, IV Nutritional treatment may last up to 14 days, depending on individual circumstances and the specific substance abuse involved.
Treatment is administered by a registered nurse specialising in IV therapy.
Brain and nerve cells begin to be replenished and rebalanced immediately after treatment onset.
IV Nutritional detox rebalances and replenishes the neurotransmitter imbalances formed in the brain as a result of alcohol or drug addiction.
All compounds of the treatment are natural to the body and are considered extremely safe.
Additional oral supplements, complementary to the IV infusion, are available at further cost if required.
Bathing the affected areas of the brain in these formulations, together with vitamins and minerals, can enhance both the quality and rate of detox, restoring the function of neurotransmitters damaged from substance abuse.
In research, if success is maintained sobriety after 12 months, the average success rate of residential rehab is 40%. When nutritional treatment is added, success rates escalate to 70%, reaching 81% in some cases.
IV Nutritional Detox Treatment Program:
• Following a complete medical assessment by a doctor, your IV Nutritional Detox treatment will begin at levels specific to you, your background, specific substance use, and pre-existing conditions.
• Your treatment protocol will be administered intravenously, to ensure the correct concentrations required.
• Depending on your individual circumstances, the IV Nutritional Detox treatment normally lasts around 5-7 days, for 5-8 hours each day, during which time you are free to relax, watch tv, read, etc
• In some cases, IV infusions may continue for up to 14 days, depending on the specific substance abuse involved.
• Once IV Nutritional Detox treatment is complete, all patients progress through the remainder of the 28-day rehab program, including workshops, psycho-social and behavioural help, to understand the causes of their addiction as well as:
– Cognitive Therapy
– Keywork Sessions
• IV Nutritional Detox is an alternative method of substance detoxification and is not a substitute for the remainder of the rehabilitation process, e.g. psycho-social and behavioural work, cognitive therapy, etc
• Standard detox via prescriptive medication is available as an alternative to IV Nutritional detoxification, should you prefer it.
• All clients complete the psycho-social, behavioural, and therapeutic elements of rehabilitation, regardless of whether they undertake substance detox via IV Nutritional detox or prescriptive medication.
IMPORTANT – Your IV Nutritional detoxification protocol is administered by a registered nurse specialising in IV therapy.
Instant Answers To Your Most Important Questions: IV Nutritional Detox
How Does IV Nutritional Detox For Addictions Work?
A specific formulation of Amino Acids, vitamins, co-enzymes, and minerals is administered intravenously over approximately 5-7 days (up to 14 days in some specific cases).
This IV formulation rebalances, nourishes and replenishes brain function and nerves involved in addiction, reducing withdrawal symptoms, and minimising cravings.
In this way, IV Nutritional Detox is a faster, more comfortable detox process used as an alternative to prescription medications.
Following IV Nutritional Detox, you continue with the rest of the 28-day recovery process in the usual way, working on the underlying psychological, social, and spiritual drivers of addiction.
How Effective Is IV Nutritional Detox?
The majority of clients report vastly increased comfort and minimal withdrawal symptoms during the detox process, as well as the reduced likelihood of relapse and greater commitment to longer-term recovery.
What Has Award Been Given To IV Nutritional Detox?
In 2008, Dr William Hitt received a lifetime achievement award from CAADE, the California Association for Alcohol and Drug educators, the efficacy and science behind the all-natural NTR (™) system for detoxification. It is William Hitt’s original formulation of amino acids, vitamins, and co-factor enzymes that is administered by Detox Plus.
Will Any Nutritional Formula Have The Same Effect?
No. Our IV Nutritional Detox formula of nutrients was designed by Dr William Hitt. The distinct combination of Amino Acids, vitamins, co-factors, and enzymes is of the highest grade and quality available and is not available from other sources.
Important – This original formulation is complex and difficult to reproduce in the specific quantities and proportions required for rapid detox results. Many imitators offer an IV solution of biologically lower grade and efficacy compared to our uncompromising formulation. Please do your research before making this important decision.Do I Have To Repeat Treatment?
Not normally. Booster or additional iv administrations are available but are typically required only if substance abuse recurs, or the core drivers of addiction are poorly understood.Is IV Nutritional Detox A Substitute For A Full Rehabilitation Process?
No. All clients complete the psychosocial, behavioural and therapeutic elements of the 28-day program, regardless of whether they choose substance detoxification via IV Nutritional infusion or prescriptive medications.